Justin Bieber's Private Plane So Reeked of Pot Smoke, Pilots Forced to Wear Oxygen Masks (Report)
The pop star and his entourage, including his father, were also "extremely abusive" to the flight attendant, according to an official report obtained by NBC News.
Justin Bieber and his father, Jeremy, were really flying high when they took a private jet from Canada to Teterboro, N.J., last Friday.
The plane was so full of pot smoke that the pilots were forced to wear oxygen masks so they wouldn't risk inhaling and failing any subsequent drug test, which would put their licenses at risk, according to an exclusive NBC News investigative report.
Furthermore, the captain on the leased jet repeatedly told Bieber and his entourage to stop smoking pot, according to an official report of the incident obtained by NBC News.
Bieber and his father were also "extremely abusive" to a flight attendant, according to the report, forcing her to take refuge in the cockpit. The captain also requested that Bieber and his entourage "stop their harassing behavior," but after several warnings, he asked the flight attendant to stay with him near the cockpit to avoid further abuse.
In the report, the flight attendant said Bieber and his father were so verbally abusive, "she would not work another flight with them."
When the plane landed at Teterboro, it was met by Drug Enforcement Administration and Customs and Border Protection agents and police, and there was still pot smoke in the cabin, according to the report.
Bieber admitted to officials during questioning that he had smoked pot and consumed alcohol but said he didn't have any more marijuana, NBC News reports. The plane was then searched, and although drug-sniffing dogs and authorities got indications that there was pot on the plane and in Bieber and his entourage's luggage, no unsmoked weed was found.
Bieber, his father and his friends were permitted to leave the airport, though, because no one from the flight crew was willing to file charges against the passengers.
After Bieber and his entourage left, authorities found empty bags that appeared to have once contained marijuana.
The report said Bieber planned to spend Super Bowl weekend in New York, attending the game on Sunday. He was spotted at pre-Super Bowl parties on Friday and Saturday night.
Meridian Air Charter, which NBC News reported flew Bieber and his entourage to New Jersey, declined to comment. The Customs and Border protection official who handled the investigation has not yet responded to The Hollywood Reporter's request for comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera