Justin Long to Star in Indie 'Lumpy'
8:55 AM PDT 4/20/2011 by THR staff
The film is the directorial debut of writer Ted Koland.
Justin Long has signed on for Lumpy, writer Ted Koland’s directorial debut.Jess Weixler (Peter and Vandy, Teeth), Tyler Labine (Mad Love), Addison Timlin (Californication), Michael Landes (Just Wright), Evan Jones (Book of Eli) and Shelley Long will co-star. The film is currently being shot on location in Minnesota. Long plays Scott, a man who is about to wed. His wedding day ends on a tragic note when the life of the party - Lumpy ( Labine) - dies. Forced to cancel his honeymoon and fly back to Minneapolis to arrange for a funeral, Scott learns Lumpy wasn't who he thought he was. Dave Abbitt, Jen Roskind and Sharyn Steele are producing the film, which is being shot by Seamus Tierney (Adam, HappyThankYouMore Please). Long just wrapped up the Jamie Linden feature Ten Year, opposite Channing Tatum, Anthony Mackie and Chris Pratt. Following Lumpy, he will star in Chronicle with Ryan Phillippe and will round out his summer out by starring in the Williamstown stage play One Slight Hitch. Long is repped by CAA and Principato-Young.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR