Justin Timberlake-Directed Music Video Hits the Web
The "Friends With Benefits" star also appears in the clip for FreeSol's "Hoodies On, Hats Low."
Actor-singer Justin Timberlake went behind the cameras for a new music video from FreeSol, which hit the Internet on Wednesday.
The Friends With Benefits star directed the clip for "Hoodies On, Hats Low." He also appears in the video, showing off his dance moves, but he doesn't do any real singing with the exception of some whispered refrains.
Like Timberlake, the band members hail from Memphis, Tenn. -- which is where the "Hoodies" video was shot. It features some of the city's recognizable landmarks, including the Hernando de Soto bridge (aka the "M" bridge) over the Mississippi River and the downtown skyline.
Timberlake tweeted a link to the video with the message: "New music ... if you like it pass it along."
He actually goes way back with the group, which describes itself as a "progressive and unique hip-hop, rock, and soul infused band" on its website. He signed FreeSol to his label Tennman Records in 2006 after seeing them perform.
FreeSol's debut album, No Rules, is scheduled for release later this year via Tennman/Interscope. Timberlake also served as a producer on the album in addition to Jim Jonsin (Beyonce, Pitbull), Mike Elizondo (Dr. Dre, Eminem) and others.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR