Justin Timberlake Appears in New Music Video
The "In Time" star raps on "Role Model," the new single from FreeSol, which is signed to his record label.
Justin Timberlake is appearing in a new music video -- just not his own.
The actor-singer is featured in the new clip for FreeSol's "Role Model," off the group's debut album, No Rules, which he produced. Timberlake actually shows off his rapping chops on the song.
The black-and-white video features him and the band members hanging out in a rundown building intercut with scenes of a boxer working out, a re-creation of the famous Iwo Jima statue and a stripper dancing in a club, among others.
Timberlake also tweeted out a link to the video Wednesday, writing: "In case you missed it, check out the
@Freesol video premiere...pass it on!!"
Timberlake directed the band's last video, for "Hoodies On, Hats Low." He also appeared in the video, showing off his dance moves, but not doing any real singing with the exception of some whispered refrains.
Timberlake actually goes way back with the group, which describes itself as a "progressive and unique hip-hop, rock, and soul infused band" on its website. He signed FreeSol to his label Tennman Records in 2006 after seeing them perform.
Meanwhile, there's no word on whether Timberlake will return to music full time. He's been focusing on his acting career and will hit theaters Oct. 28 in the futurisic thriller In Time, which co-stars Amanda Seyfried. His other recent credits include Bad Teacher and The Social Network.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!