Justin Timberlake Named Bud Light Platinum's Creative Director
The singer-actor will appear in an ad for the brand to air during Sunday's Grammys.
Ahead of the release of Justin Timberlake's highly anticipated new album, Bud Light Platinum has named the multi-hyphenate performer the "creative director" for the brand.
He'll star in a one-minute ad, called "Platinum Night," to air during Sunday's Grammy Awards. The spot will feature Timberlake's single "Suit & Tie," from The 20/20 Experience, his first record since 2006’s FutureSex/LoveSounds, slated to drop March 19. See the track list here.
"Bud Light Platinum brings a refined, discerning aesthetic to beer that plays well with what I’m doing," says Timberlake in a statement. "I’m looking forward to not only being a part of the creative process, but in bringing other talented musicians to the forefront as well."
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Justin Timberlake is one of the greatest creative minds in the entertainment industry, and his insights will help us further define Bud Light Platinum’s identity in the lifestyle space," explains Paul Chibe, vp U.S. marketing, Anheuser-Busch.
"Since launching Bud Light Platinum last year, we’ve worked to align the brand closely with music, including leveraging tracks by Kanye West and Avicii in our first ads. Partnering with Justin as he makes his return to music brings a new level of relevance and credibility to the brand," Chibe adds.
Timberlake, who will perform at the 55th Annual Grammys before taking stage at the Hollywood Palladium for a full set, joined MySpace two years ago as a creative director and minority stakeholder.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical