Justin Timberlake to Receive Environmental Award
The singer-actor was singled out for his eco-friendly golf course, environmental advocacy and his efforts to reduce his tours' carbon footprint.
Justin Timberlake will be honored with the Environmental Media Association's Futures Award, given annually to the next generation of environmental leaders in the entertainment world.
The actor-singer was singled out for developing an eco-friendly golf course outside of Memphis, using his celebrity to promote environmental issues, and his attempts to create a carbon neutral footprint while on tour.
EMA President Debbie Levin said that Timberlake and fellow honoree the Producers Guild of America "demonstrate taking a green lifestyle to the next level."
Past Futures Award honorees include Edward Norton, Rosario Dawson and Maroon 5.
The feature films The Other Guys, Rio and Yogi Bear; documentaries Carbon Nation, African Cats, Revenge of the Electric Car and Saving Pelican 895; TV dramas Body of Proof, CSI and The Good Wife; and comedies Futurama, Hot in Cleveland and Nurse Jackie will be showcased at the event as projects that have carried a positive, environmentally friendly message in the past season.
The 21st EMA Awards take place Oct. 15 in Los Angeles.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)