KABC Radio Chooses Talent to Replace Sean Hannity in Los Angeles
UPDATE: Jillian Barberie, formerly of the "Fox NFL Pre-Game Show," will host a new show with John Phillips, a political columnist and cable news pundit.
Cumulus Media said on Tuesday that a new radio show, called Mid-Day with Jillian Barberie & John Phillips, will be taking the noon to 3 p.m. slot on KABC in Los Angeles, which had been occupied by Sean Hannity until Jan. 1.
Hannity's show moved to The Patriot, KEIB AM 1150 in Los Angeles, a formerly liberal Clear Channel station that rebranded itself as conservative this year. Also moving to 1150 from other channels were Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.
Since Jan. 1, John Phillips has been hosting a show from noon-3 p.m. on KABC, which is the nation's oldest all-talk station. Beginning on Monday, Jillian Barberie joins him for the launch of their newly created show.
Barberie is best known for her work in television, having spent 18 years as co-host of Fox 11's Good Day LA and also about a decade on the Fox NFL Pre-Game Show with Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long and Curt Menefee.
"I've always felt that there was something unique and liberating about doing radio," she said on Tuesday.
Phillips is a columnist for the Orange County Register and makes appearances as a political analyst on Good Day LA and various cable news shows.
Politically, Phillips leans right and Barberie left, but the show is expected to focus on issues relevant to people who live in Southern California, including topics like crime, entertainment, sports and, of course, some politics.
"Jillian is not only a high-energy broadcasting star, she's a real-life mom and trendsetter -- and has an opinion on everything," Phillips said. "We are going to give the listeners a reason to take a long lunch everyday. It's going to be a blast."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)