Kanye West to Close Activision's Call of Duty XP in L.A.
The hip hop star will give his first public performance since the release of “Watch the Throne” at the event for fans of the first-person shooter game franchise next weekend.
NEW YORK - Video game giant Activision Blizzard said Wednesday that it has booked Kanye West to close its Call of Duty XP in L.A., a fan experience for gamers and fans of the first-person shooter franchise.
In what the company said will be West's first public performance since the release of his fifth number one album, “Watch the Throne,” the hip hop star will take the stage on the evening of Sept. 3.
“We’re pulling out all the stops,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “We promised our attendees and fans around the world a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the first Call of Duty XP, so we’re thrilled to have Kanye on board. Everything about XP will be as epic as the games themselves."
The two-day event will also feature the world premiere of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, the finals of a $1 million Call of Duty tournament sponsored by Xbox 360 and a life-size recreation of a level from Modern Warfare 2, among others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10