Kanye West to Close Activision's Call of Duty XP in L.A.
The hip hop star will give his first public performance since the release of “Watch the Throne” at the event for fans of the first-person shooter game franchise next weekend.
NEW YORK - Video game giant Activision Blizzard said Wednesday that it has booked Kanye West to close its Call of Duty XP in L.A., a fan experience for gamers and fans of the first-person shooter franchise.
In what the company said will be West's first public performance since the release of his fifth number one album, “Watch the Throne,” the hip hop star will take the stage on the evening of Sept. 3.
“We’re pulling out all the stops,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “We promised our attendees and fans around the world a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the first Call of Duty XP, so we’re thrilled to have Kanye on board. Everything about XP will be as epic as the games themselves."
The two-day event will also feature the world premiere of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer, the finals of a $1 million Call of Duty tournament sponsored by Xbox 360 and a life-size recreation of a level from Modern Warfare 2, among others.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'