Kanye West Knocks Media, Taylor Swift From Stage
Kanye West used the sold-out crowd of the Bowery Ballroom late Tuesday night to vent his frustrations on past targets such as Taylor Swift, Matt Lauer and the media.
Stoking the fires which originally erupted from his famous hijacking of Swift's MTV Video Music Award win in 2009 and continued through this year's awards, West shot at the country star.
“Taylor never came to my defense in any interview and rode the waves," he said. "It’s not about popular opinion, it’s about when you look in your heart and know what’s right and what’s wrong.”
West made a clear, yet indirect, barb at The Today Show co- host Matt Lauer with whom he had another rumble earlier this month. West said the media "exploited" George W. Bush's critical comments about West on Matt Lauer Reports to "make you watch the interview."
He did add that he didn't think Lauer was "a bad guy."
West also had a sympathetic comment about Bush.
“There is no leader in history that has been villianized that way and didn’t get killed at war or commit suicide, so any man that lives through it deserves one moment of redemption,” he said.
(Warning: Video contains explicit language.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR