Kanye West Producer No I.D. Named A&R Executive at Def Jam
The record label also signs a deal with his company, Artium Recordings.
Hip-hop producer No I.D. has been named executive vice president of A&R for Def Jam Recordings, it was announced Tuesday by Barry Weiss, chairman and CEO of Universal Republic and Island Def Jam Motown, and Karen Kwak, executive vice president and head of A&R of Island Def Jam Music Group.
He will report to Weiss and Kwak.
Additionally, No I.D., who has worked with Kanye West, Big Sean, Rick Ross, Method Man and Nas, has signed an exclusive deal with the producer's Artium Recordings.
No I.D. will be responsible for overseeing current and new artist projects, in addition to seeking out, discovering and signing new talent to his label. He will also act as a producer for artists at Def Jam and its affiliated labels.
“No I.D. is one of the hottest and most well-respected hip hop producers of our era," said Weiss. "His years of mentoring and developing artists in the studio should serve him perfectly in his new A&R role and will surely help take Def Jam to the next level."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR