Kanye West Talks Kim Kardashian Proposal: 'Three Rings Were Made'
In an interview with L.A.'s Power 106, the rapper said that his fiancee's 15-carat sparkler was "less than four hours old by the time I gave it to her."
Proposing is no easy feat for any man, but leave it to Kanye West to turn the heat up a few notches.
"I was nervous, a little bit, but it was more about everything happening on cue," the rapper said in an interview with Los Angeles' Power 106 on Monday. West last week popped the question to Kim Kardashian on her 33rd birthday by renting out San Francisco's AT&T park and filling the stadium with a lights and orchestra show while Kardashian's friends and family looked on. "I gotta apologize to this race of males for turning up so much," West added of the extravagant gesture.
Of the 15-carat sparkler he presented to Kardashian, whom he affectionately refers to as "my girl," West revealed that the Lorraine Schwartz ring was one of three that he had custom made for the occasion.
"She knew I was eventually gonna ask her to marry me, I just had to get that ring right," West said of Kardashian. "I worked with four different jewelers. Three rings were made, only one actually hit the finger."
And choosing the perfect ring apparently came down to the wire, as the 36-year-old admitted to changing the dazzler just one night before his proposal.
"That ring was less than four hours old by the time I gave it to her," he said.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!