Kanye West Talks Kim Kardashian Proposal: 'Three Rings Were Made'
In an interview with L.A.'s Power 106, the rapper said that his fiancee's 15-carat sparkler was "less than four hours old by the time I gave it to her."
Proposing is no easy feat for any man, but leave it to Kanye West to turn the heat up a few notches.
"I was nervous, a little bit, but it was more about everything happening on cue," the rapper said in an interview with Los Angeles' Power 106 on Monday. West last week popped the question to Kim Kardashian on her 33rd birthday by renting out San Francisco's AT&T park and filling the stadium with a lights and orchestra show while Kardashian's friends and family looked on. "I gotta apologize to this race of males for turning up so much," West added of the extravagant gesture.
Of the 15-carat sparkler he presented to Kardashian, whom he affectionately refers to as "my girl," West revealed that the Lorraine Schwartz ring was one of three that he had custom made for the occasion.
"She knew I was eventually gonna ask her to marry me, I just had to get that ring right," West said of Kardashian. "I worked with four different jewelers. Three rings were made, only one actually hit the finger."
And choosing the perfect ring apparently came down to the wire, as the 36-year-old admitted to changing the dazzler just one night before his proposal.
"That ring was less than four hours old by the time I gave it to her," he said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)