Kanye West's 'Confessional' Film Premiere
With the first West Coast showing of "Runaway," the rap superstar offers a revealing look at life beyond the headlines.
Considering his reputation for being the ultimate showman, Kanye West’s west coast premiere of “Runaway,” a short film he conceived, wrote and directed, was a surprisingly low-key L.A. affair, even for a Monday night. Held at the Harmony Gold Theater, the event, intended as a visual accompaniment to his forthcoming album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (due November 22), boasted little more than a stark black bar and a grey carpet long enough to hold only a handful of photographers. Inside the theater, all manner of electronic devices were forbidden as Kanye wanted his guests focused on the screen with ears tuned into the crystal clear sound surrounding them.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR