Kardashian-Humphries Divorce Has E! Canada Recalling Happier Times
The Canadian cable channel plans a Tuesday night repeat of "Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event."
TORONTO – News that Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are divorcing has dashed plans by E! Canada to air endless reruns of that happy wedding 72 days ago.
“Crap.. There goes the value of repeating the Kardashian wedding on television,” Mike Cosentino, senior vp of programming at E! Canada-parent CTV Networks, wrote on his Twitter account late Monday afternoon.
But E! Canada can't resist recalling the run-up to Kim and Kris' recent wedding, and happier times.
So the Canadian channel on Tuesday night plans a repeat of Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event.
“With the announcement heard around the world, E! wishes both Kim and Kris best of luck through this difficult time,” the Canadian channel added in a statement late Monday.
E! Canada also expects to draw a big audience for the second season of Kourtney and Kim Take New York.
CTV in late 2010 brought the Kardashians to Canada, and E! Entertainment Television back across the border, with a three-day marathon of E!’s Keeping Up With the Kardashians as the Canuck broadcaster rebranded its Star! cable channel as E! Canada.
The Canadian channel then acquired Khloe & Lamar, starring Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom from Ryan Seacrest Productions and Bunim-Murray Productions, and Kourtney and Kim Take New York.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR