Kardashian Klan Are Keeping Up With the Canadians
E! Canada has seen a ratings bump from its Kardashian programming after Kim’s divorce announcement in October 2011.
TORONTO - Kim Kardashian's failed marriage is playing well in Canada.
E! Canada reports all of its Kardashian TV shows that aired on the Canadian cable channel in December 2011 were up a combined 11% in viewership year-on-year.
Canadian broadcaster Bell Media, which in late 2010 brought the Kardashians to Canada as E! Entertainment Television came back across the border, secured an average 52,200 total viewers last month for its Kardashian shows on E! Canada, against an average 47,100 total viewers in December 2010.
Kim Kardashian last October called off her 72-day marriage to NBA basketball player Kris Humphries.
But whether it's a liberal streak among Canadians, or a need to watch more TV through the cold winter months, the Kardashian clan still deliver ratings for E! Canada.
Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kourtney & Kim Take New York and Khloe & Lamar currently rank as the top three programs on the Canadian network, respectively, among female viewers in the key 18-49 demo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game