Kardashian Klan Are Keeping Up With the Canadians
E! Canada has seen a ratings bump from its Kardashian programming after Kim’s divorce announcement in October 2011.
TORONTO - Kim Kardashian's failed marriage is playing well in Canada.
E! Canada reports all of its Kardashian TV shows that aired on the Canadian cable channel in December 2011 were up a combined 11% in viewership year-on-year.
Canadian broadcaster Bell Media, which in late 2010 brought the Kardashians to Canada as E! Entertainment Television came back across the border, secured an average 52,200 total viewers last month for its Kardashian shows on E! Canada, against an average 47,100 total viewers in December 2010.
Kim Kardashian last October called off her 72-day marriage to NBA basketball player Kris Humphries.
But whether it's a liberal streak among Canadians, or a need to watch more TV through the cold winter months, the Kardashian clan still deliver ratings for E! Canada.
Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kourtney & Kim Take New York and Khloe & Lamar currently rank as the top three programs on the Canadian network, respectively, among female viewers in the key 18-49 demo.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!