Kardashian Klan Are Keeping Up With the Canadians
E! Canada has seen a ratings bump from its Kardashian programming after Kim’s divorce announcement in October 2011.
TORONTO - Kim Kardashian's failed marriage is playing well in Canada.
E! Canada reports all of its Kardashian TV shows that aired on the Canadian cable channel in December 2011 were up a combined 11% in viewership year-on-year.
Canadian broadcaster Bell Media, which in late 2010 brought the Kardashians to Canada as E! Entertainment Television came back across the border, secured an average 52,200 total viewers last month for its Kardashian shows on E! Canada, against an average 47,100 total viewers in December 2010.
Kim Kardashian last October called off her 72-day marriage to NBA basketball player Kris Humphries.
But whether it's a liberal streak among Canadians, or a need to watch more TV through the cold winter months, the Kardashian clan still deliver ratings for E! Canada.
Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kourtney & Kim Take New York and Khloe & Lamar currently rank as the top three programs on the Canadian network, respectively, among female viewers in the key 18-49 demo.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!