Karl Urban, Adriana Barraza join 'Darkness'
Film is a remake of 1970 thriller
The darkness has claimed two more souls.
Karl Urban and Oscar nominee Adriana Barraza ("Babel") have been cast in the thriller remake "And Soon the Darkness." They join Amber Heard and Odette Yustman in an update of the 1970 thriller, directed by first-timer Marcos Efron.
Abandon Pictures and StudioCanal are financing the project. Lizzie Friedman, Karen Lauder, Deborah Marcus and Chris Clark are producing. Flora Fernandez is executive producing, and Heard is co-producing.
The Argentina-set thriller follows two American girls on a bike trip in a remote part of the country. When one of them disappears, the other must find her before darkness falls and her worst fears are realized. The film is shooting on location in Argentina; the original was set in France.
Endeavor Independent reps the film's domestic rights, and Studio¬Canal will distribute the pic in France, the U.K. and Germany through subsidiaries Optimum Releasing and Kinowelt. StudioCanal also will handle worldwide sales outside the U.S.
Urban is repped by Endeavor; Barraza is repped by Innovative Artists.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR