Karlie Kloss' 23 Biggest Milestones (So Far)
To celebrate the supermodel's 23rd birthday, we're looking back at her 23 biggest accomplishments to date. From landing multiple 'Vogue' covers to meeting Snoop Dogg, Kloss certainly had plenty to choose from.
In 23 short years, Karlie Kloss has managed to rack up an impressive number of milestones. From launching her own baked goods business to walking runways around the globe, the multihyphenate "Instagirl" has plenty to be proud of. In honor of her 23rd birthday on Aug. 3, we've rounded up the top 23 biggest accomplishments (so far).
1. Scouted in 2005 at age 13:
"#throwbackthursday Got to love those awkward teenage years. #babyface #stringbean"
2. Posted her first Instagram, which launched her social media stardom (She now has 2.9 million followers):
"The Karlie special"
3. Walked in her first Victoria's Secret fashion show:
4. Hosted MTV Movie Awards red carpet:
"We just finished our rehearsals for tonight, clearly Josh and I are excited to get this show on the road! #MovieAwards"
5. Met Snoop Dogg at the MTV Movie Awards:
"Chatting with @snoopdogg at the #MovieAwards was definitely the highlight of my night"
6. Played herself in an episode of Gossip Girl:
7. Launched Karlie's Kookies in 2012:
"#AmexMakeMyDay #KarliesKookies @momomilkbar @americanexpress"
8. Took classes at Harvard:
"I am very excited to be spending a few days here on the Harvard Campus in Cambridge for a class this week. I had to pay respect to Mr. John Harvard himself and rub his foot for good luck ;)"
9. Got a "lob" before it was cool, called it "the Karlie":
"I'm giving @Caradelevingne the "Karlie Cut" backstage @VictoriasSecret..."
10. Was awed by Beyonce at a concert and posted obligatory blurry concert photo with gushing complimentary caption:
"The Most Beautiful Woman in the World. (NO ONE can Sing, Dance, and Hair Flip like Beyonce)"
11. Declared Instagirl by Vogue, shared September issue cover with Joan Smalls and Cara Delevingne:
"It is an absolute honor to be a part of @VogueMagazine's#SeptemberIssue along with@CaraDelevingne and @JoanSmalls. It has always been a dream of mine to be on the cover of #Vogue, words cannot express my gratitude and excitement to be a part of the #INSTAGIRLS issue. Thank you @mariotestino and@tonnegood! xoxo karlie"
12. Covered March Vogue issue with Taylor Swift:
"Nothing better than sharing the @VogueMagazine March #PowerIssue Cover with your best friend @TaylorSwift."
13. Walked alongside bestie Swift for Victoria's Secret:
14. Starred in Swift's "Bad Blood" video:
"Meet my alter ego, KnockOut Honored to be apart of @taylorswift's #badbloodmusicvideo"
15. Became the L'Oreal Paris ambassador:
"Another wonderful day on set with @lorealparisusa Looking and feeling #WorthIt thanks to the very talented #StefanLancien! Thank you to my L'Oreal fam @michaelangelnyc @chapuyc @karimrahmanmakeup"
16. Collaborated with Frame denim for a Karlie's Diner- themed party:
"One night only....@Frame_Denim presents #KarliesDiner Thank you to everyone for coming out tonight to celebrate the newest collection of #ForeverKarlie"
17. Celebrated her 3-year anniversary with boyfriend Josh Kushner:
"Happy Birthday to my best friend and love of my life @joshuakushner. Thank you for the past three years of love and laughs. You have changed my life in more ways than you will ever know. I feel so blessed to have you in my life. Happy birthday Joshua"
18. Began the Kode with Karlie scholarship:
"I’m so excited to partner with @FlatironSchool to announce the #KodeWithKarlie Scholarship! This summer, 20 young women will have the chance to take the same amazing two week coding course that I took last year. To apply for a spot, record a video telling me why YOU want to learn code. Go to flatironschool.com/kodewithkarlie for more info :)"
19. Returned to NYU to take courses at the Gallatin School of Individualized Study:
"after a long day at work with @VictoriasSecret, I'm sitting in class at @NYU...ready for the real work to begin"
20. Wrote Alexander Wang's Time 100 bio:
"I am honored to write this year's #TIME100 tribute for @AlexanderWangNY. Alex is not only the coolest kid in fashion, but he brings unmatched determination and spirit to everything he does. I can't imagine someone more deserving of this honor and am thrilled to attend the #TIME100gala tonight to celebrate him and the other 99 impressive artists, innovators, icons, titans, pioneers and leaders who made @TIME's coveted list. Congrats @taylorswift @DVF #ElizabethHolmes @tim_cook @MalalaFund @EmmaWatson @kimkardashian @mistyonpointe (and many more!)"
21. Ran a half-marathon:
"My new favorite accessory. #iDIDit"
22. Threw the first pitch at a St. Louis Cardinal's Game:
"So this just happened....#BucketListItem✔️ #STLcards @cardinals #Surreal (thanks FredBird for all the pitching pointers!)"
23. Launched her very own YouTube channel:
"Looking forward to experiencing the world of @YouTube! Can't wait to bring you along every step of the way Don't forget to subscribe - link in bio"