Kaskade, Swedish House Mafia's Steve Angello to Headline New Insomniac NYE Event
The company behind massive dance gathering Electric Daisy Carnival unveils "White Wonderland," a two-day New Year's party in the L.A. area with top DJ talents booked.
Insomniac Events, the Los Angeles-based company behind massive electronic music events such as Electric Daisy Carnival, is announcing a new two-day California-based New Year’s dance music festival called “White Wonderland.”
Already leaked for the event were DJs such as Benny Benassi and Sweden’s Dada Life (previously booked through Giant, whose event Insomniac bought out).
“I’m ecstatic to be able to deliver an Insomniac New Year’s event to Southern California,” says Pasquale Rotella, CEO and founder of Insomniac, in a release.
“Our fans have been asking for a New Year’s festival and I am thrilled to be joining forces with our friends at Giant to co-promote an Insomniac-produced all-white event to introduce our newest festival brand.”
Rotella previously had been co-promoting a long-running NYE event in Los Angeles called “Together As One,” but he has cut ties with former friend Reza Gerami of Go Ventures. ("Together As One" will also take place NYE 2011.)
"Insomniac works hard to set the standard in safety, production quality, and the overall value of our fans' experience," Rotella said in an early November release announcing the split. "Due to various issues surrounding these basic commitments, we are no longer co-producing TAO."
Now, Insomniac will put on its own NYE bash with DJs set to draw tens of thousands (An21 & Max Vangeli, Thomas Gold and Trent Cantrelle round out the announced-today full lineup).
The theme of the multiple-day affair is “white,” meaning that all attendees are asked to wear white to the festival, a page seemingly borrowed from long-running roving European party Sensation, who recently held a “Sensation White” concert in Amsterdam. “For more information on the dress code policy, please visit www.whitewonderland.com as the date approaches,” the release continues.
Tickets for the festival (21 and over only) go on sale in single-day or two-day packages with a VIP option beginning Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011 at noon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera