Kat Dennings to Costar in Whitney Cummings CBS Pilot
2:16 PM PST 2/18/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
Co-executive produced by Michael Patrick King, "Two Broke Girls" centers on two under-employed New Yorkers trying to make it in the big city.
Kat Dennings has closed a deal to co-star in comedian Whitney Cummings’ CBS pilot Two Broke Girls.The single-camera comedy from Warner Bros. revolves around two under-employed New Yorkers trying to make it in the big city. Cummings wrote the pilot and will executive produce with Sex and the City alum Michael Patrick King. It’s not the first time Dennings has worked with King; the actress broke out when she landed a part on a 2000 episode of Sex and the City playing a precocious 13-year-old who hires Samantha to do publicity for her bat mitzvah. She went on to land supporting roles in The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Big Momma’s House 2 and Kenneth Branagh’s upcoming Thor. Stalwart comedy director James Burrows will direct the Two Broke Girls pilot, which should give Girls a fighting chance if past experience is any guide. Burrows -- a co-creator of Cheers – has directed myriad pilots including Will & Grace, The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Last year, he directed the pilots for CBS’ Mike & Molly, $#*! My Dad Says and Better with You.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR