Kat Dennings Talks '2 Broke Girls'
The actress' admitted she's nervous for her new CBS comedy to premiere Monday.
Kat Dennings is less than a week away from the big Monday-night premiere of her first television show, CBS' 2 Broke Girls (co-staring Beth Behrs) and though she's appeared in films like Thor, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, she recently admitted, she's more than a little intimidated.
"I was talking on the phone to my mother," Dennings told the New York Times of getting ready to face the studio audience for her second-ever taping. "I was like: 'Mom, there's no air. I'm going to throw up. What do I do?' She's like: 'Go out there, you'll be great. Go get some water. Eat a piece of fruit.'"
But, that's not to say she doesn't believe the show will be a hit. Dennings says the premise which centers around two young women living hand-to-fist in Brooklyn, NY as they attempt to start a cupcake business, is more than relatable.
"The subject matter of being broke is a huge deal always, and especially right now," she told MTV News. "Everyone can relate to that, and it's nice to see people go through it on TV."
Despite the nerves, this isn't Dennings' first time on television, or working with executive producer Michael Patrick King. She played a "blow job Bar Mitzvah girl," on the his Sex and the City and has said, "It changed my life."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty