Kat Von D, Jesse James: 5 Things to Know
The reality show stars announced the end of their engagement on Monday.
Reality stars Kat Von D and Jesse James announced the end of their engagement Monday.
“I am no longer w Jesse, and out of respect for him, his family and myself, thats all the info I’d like to share. Thanks for respecting that," Tweeted Von D, the star of TLC's L.A. Ink.
Here are a few things to know about the pair:
1. They announced they were a couple shortly after James' divorce was finalized from Sandra Bullock, whom he split from after it was discovered he'd had multiple affairs, which all came to light following Bullock's 2010 best actress Oscar win for The Blind Side. As scientists have pointed out, there is an actual correlation between winners of the best actress Oscar and divorce.
2. James owns West Coast Chopper, which makes custom motorcycles. His business was the focus of a Discovery channel reality show, Monster Garage, which went off the air in June 2006. He also starred in a high-rated reality show Jesse James is a Dead Man on Spike TV, which ended in 2009.
3. James launched his own production company, Payupsucker Productions, which is behind shows like History of the Chopper, Iraq Confidential with Jesse James and Green Scream, which chronicled James' attempt to break the land speed record with a hydrogen car.
4. James appeared on the second season of Celebrity Apprentice, which aired in May 2009. He came in third place, and donated his winnings to the Long Beach Education Foundation.
5. Kat Von D first appeared on TLC's Miami Ink, but then got her own spinoff, L.A. Ink, after having a fallout with the Florida staff. L.A. Ink premiered in August 2007 in the U.S. and November 2007 in the U.K. Her first book, High Voltage Tattoo (named after her shop), was a New York Times' bestseller, as was her second book, The Tattoo Chronicles.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR