Mexican Star Kate del Castillo Joins Screen Gems Thriller 'No Good Deed' (Exclusive)
Del Castillo, best known for Telemundo's telenovela "La Reina del Sur," co-stars opposite Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson in the thriller.
Mexican actress Kate del Castillo has joined the cast of No Good Deed, a Screen Gems thriller starring Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson.
Sam Hiller is directing the pic, which revolves around a former DA-turned-stay-at-home mom (Henson) and her two small children who are kidnapped from their home by a mysterious stranger (Elba). Aimee Lagos wrote the screenplay.
Del Castillo will play Elba’s cheating ex-fiancee.
The part originally was written for a white actor, but Screen Gems decided to make an effort to appeal to Latino filmgoers, an audience segment that studios increasingly are courting. Screen Gems has proved to be ahead of the curve in making movies for an ethnically diverse audience and is riding high off of Think Like a Man, the box-office hit that features a heavily African-American cast.
Will Packer of Rainforest Films banner is producing along with Lee Clay.
The reigning queen of telenovelas, Del Castillo is best known for starring on La Reina del Sur, the hugely popular soap that aired on Telemundo. She received acclaim for her performance in 2007’s La misma luna (Under the Same Moon) and had an arc on Weeds.
She is repped by ICM and Si Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR