Kate Hudson: 5 Things to Know
The Oscar nominated actress and Muse frontman Matt Bellamy just gave birth to a baby boy.
It's a boy for Kate Hudson. The actress and her fiance, Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy, welcomed a son on Saturday in L.A. Here are a few things you may not know about Golden Globe winner:
1. Hudson was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actress for 2000's Almost famous. The role won her a Golden Globe.
2. She has a 7-year-old son, Ryder, with her ex husband, Black Crowes lead singer, Chris Robinson. They divorced in 2007.
3. She announced her engagement to Bellamy on the Today show after Matt Lauer asked her about her ring while she was promoting her movie, Something Borrowed. "I'm engaged!" she said. "It just happened a week ago. I'm so glad you noticed. I haven't really announced it. … I was waiting for someone to notice."
4. Her son was convinced she was pregnant with a girl. "It feels like a girl, but I don't know. Ryder thinks it's a girl," she said on on Britain's The Graham Norton Show. in January. "But we're not telling anyone. People tell you so much [when they're pregnant], it drives me nuts," she added.
5. She was born in Los Angeles to Oscar-winning actress Goldie Hawn and actor Bill Hudson. Her parents divorced 18 months later, and she was raised by Hawn and her longtime partner Kurt Russell.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR