Kate Hudson: 5 Things to Know
The Oscar nominated actress and Muse frontman Matt Bellamy just gave birth to a baby boy.
It's a boy for Kate Hudson. The actress and her fiance, Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy, welcomed a son on Saturday in L.A. Here are a few things you may not know about Golden Globe winner:
1. Hudson was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actress for 2000's Almost famous. The role won her a Golden Globe.
2. She has a 7-year-old son, Ryder, with her ex husband, Black Crowes lead singer, Chris Robinson. They divorced in 2007.
3. She announced her engagement to Bellamy on the Today show after Matt Lauer asked her about her ring while she was promoting her movie, Something Borrowed. "I'm engaged!" she said. "It just happened a week ago. I'm so glad you noticed. I haven't really announced it. … I was waiting for someone to notice."
4. Her son was convinced she was pregnant with a girl. "It feels like a girl, but I don't know. Ryder thinks it's a girl," she said on on Britain's The Graham Norton Show. in January. "But we're not telling anyone. People tell you so much [when they're pregnant], it drives me nuts," she added.
5. She was born in Los Angeles to Oscar-winning actress Goldie Hawn and actor Bill Hudson. Her parents divorced 18 months later, and she was raised by Hawn and her longtime partner Kurt Russell.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack