Kate Hudson Joins Zach Braff's 'Wish I Was Here'
The actress will portray the lead character's wife.
Kate Hudson is joining Zach Braff's Kickstarter-financed Wish I Was Here.
The actress will play Braff's wife in the film, which will also star Josh Gad, Mandy Patinkin and Jim Parsons.
Following the Kickstarter success of the Veronica Mars movie project, Braff launched his own campaign on the crowd-funding site and raised more than $2 million in a four-day span. Last week, he landed gap financing from film financing outfit Worldview Entertainment.
Braff will direct Wish I Was Here, which he wrote along with his brother Adam Braff. The former Scrubs star, who made his mark on the big screen writing, directing and starring in 2004's Garden State, portrays a struggling actor in his thirties who reconnects with his family as he seeks purpose in life.
Hudson, whose recent film credits include Mira Nair's The Reluctant Fundamentalist, is repped by CAA and attorney Marcy Morris.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed