Kate Mara in talks for Boyle's '127 Hours'
Actress also set to appear in more episodes of 'Entourage'
In terms of acting gigs, Kate Mara has been saying "HappyThankYouMorePlease."
The actress is negotiating to strap on a backpack for Danny Boyle's survival drama "127 Hours" opposite James Franco and Amber Tamblyn. She also has booked more time as Eric's assistant Brittany in upcoming episodes of HBO's "Entourage."
Fox Searchlight's "127 Hours" tells the true story of a mountain climber trapped under a boulder in Utah and his desperate efforts to escape. Mara and Tamblyn play hikers he meets before his ordeal.
Mara, repped by UTA and the Schiff Co., most recently appeared in the dramedy "HappyThankYouMorePlease," which won the U.S. Dramatic Audience Award after premiering at Sundance last month. The project is working toward a domestic distribution deal.
She next appears in the May release "Iron Man 2," playing a federal investigator, and recently finished shooting the feature "Ironclad," with Paul Giamatti and James Purefoy. Mara also has played recurring characters on "24," "Jack & Bobby" and "Nip/Tuck."
Jay A. Fernandez reported from Los Angeles; Borys Kit reported from Berlin.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!