Kate Mara in talks for Boyle's '127 Hours'
Actress also set to appear in more episodes of 'Entourage'
In terms of acting gigs, Kate Mara has been saying "HappyThankYouMorePlease."
The actress is negotiating to strap on a backpack for Danny Boyle's survival drama "127 Hours" opposite James Franco and Amber Tamblyn. She also has booked more time as Eric's assistant Brittany in upcoming episodes of HBO's "Entourage."
Fox Searchlight's "127 Hours" tells the true story of a mountain climber trapped under a boulder in Utah and his desperate efforts to escape. Mara and Tamblyn play hikers he meets before his ordeal.
Mara, repped by UTA and the Schiff Co., most recently appeared in the dramedy "HappyThankYouMorePlease," which won the U.S. Dramatic Audience Award after premiering at Sundance last month. The project is working toward a domestic distribution deal.
She next appears in the May release "Iron Man 2," playing a federal investigator, and recently finished shooting the feature "Ironclad," with Paul Giamatti and James Purefoy. Mara also has played recurring characters on "24," "Jack & Bobby" and "Nip/Tuck."
Jay A. Fernandez reported from Los Angeles; Borys Kit reported from Berlin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR