Kate Middleton Pulls Out of ‘The Hobbit’ London Premiere
The Duchess of Cambridge has pulled out of attending the Royal Film Performance of “The Hobbit” Wednesday night because of her ongoing pregnancy sickness.
LONDON: Kate Middleton spent three nights at the King Edward VII Hospital in London last week being treated for hyperemesis gravidarum, or “pregnancy sickness,” which can lead to dehydration and weight loss, reported The Telegraph.
Although she was discharged last week, her condition worsened on Sunday while she was recuperating at Kensington Palace, forcing Prince William to cancel a planned evening engagement to remain by her side.
Her decision to miss the film premiere does not come as a surprise, as experts in the condition said she would continue to feel unwell for several weeks.
A spokesman for St James's Palace said: "The Duchess of Cambridge will not attend The Hobbit Premiere tomorrow evening and will continue to rest privately."
William, the Duke of Cambridge, still plans to attend the screening of the first in a trilogy of Hobbit films made by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson, according to The Telegraph.
On Monday, Caitlin Dean, a trustee of the charity Pregnancy Sickness Support, said the Duchess's deterioration was not unexpected, and a further stay in hospital is "quite likely."
The Duchess is not yet 12 weeks pregnant, and hyperemesis is most common in the first three months of pregnancy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game