'Kate Plus 8' Cancelled by TLC
The Discovery-owned cable network that gave life to the Gosselin reality TV franchise has called it quits.
TLC is done with Kate Gosselin and her oversized brood.
The Discovery-owned cable network that once put Kate, her ex-husband Jon Gosselin and their eight children on the map with ratings juggernaut, Jon & Kate: + 8, and its follow up Kate + 8 has opted to pull the plug.
"TLC has decided not to renew another season of Kate + 8," the network said in a statement. "By the end of this season, Kate + 8 will have hit the 150 episode mark (including Jon & Kate + 8); an exceptional milestone."The final episode of Kate + 8 will air Sept. 12. From there, the network will check in with the reality TV star-turned-tabloid staple and her family with periodic specials.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; witter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting