Kate Walsh, Jim Gaffigan Join Lorne Michaels' 'Staten Island Summer' (Exclusive)
The pair are the latest additions to the coming-of-age film directed by Rhys Thomas.
Lorne Michaels' Staten Island Summer has added a pair to the cast.
Kate Walsh and Jim Gaffigan have joined the coming-of-age comedy feature produced by the Saturday Night Live veteran, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Staten Island Summer centers on two friends, Danny (Graham Phillips) and Frank (Zack Pearlman), who spend their summer after high school graduation as poolside lifeguards. The film chronicles the different paths the friends' lives are about to take, with one entering an Ivy League college and the other unsure of his future.
Walsh and Gaffigan will play Danny's parents.
Rhys Thomas will direct, with Michaels producing. Teen Beach Movie's John De Luca also stars.
Following a six-season run on ABC's Private Practice, Walsh appeared in The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Scary Movie 5, and will next be seen in DirecTV's Full Circle and the indie Dermaphoria. Walsh is repped by CAA, Evolution Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Gaffigan, repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Schreck Rose, next appears in Walter, with CBS redeveloping his comedy pilot for 2014-15 consideration.
Rebecca Ford contributed to this report.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR