Kate Winslet to Star in Jason Reitman's 'Labor Day'
She will join Josh Brolin in the coming-of-age drama, an adaptation of a Joyce Maynard book.
Kate Winslet is in negotiations to star in Labor Day, the latest Jason Reitman project that will shoot next year.
Winslet will join Josh Brolin, who committed to the project months ago, in what is described as a coming-of-age drama being produced by Reitman’s Rite of Way shingle and Indian Paintbrush, which backs it.
The movie is an adaptation of a Joyce Maynard book set during a Labor Day weekend in a small New Hampshire town. A mother (Winslet) and an awkward and isolated young boy meet a stranger and offer him a ride. The man turns out to be an escaped convict and ends up teaching the boy life lessons.
CAA-repped Winslet has Contagion, the Steven Soderbergh medical thriller, in the can.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram