Kate Winslet to Star in Jason Reitman's 'Labor Day'
She will join Josh Brolin in the coming-of-age drama, an adaptation of a Joyce Maynard book.
Kate Winslet is in negotiations to star in Labor Day, the latest Jason Reitman project that will shoot next year.
Winslet will join Josh Brolin, who committed to the project months ago, in what is described as a coming-of-age drama being produced by Reitman’s Rite of Way shingle and Indian Paintbrush, which backs it.
The movie is an adaptation of a Joyce Maynard book set during a Labor Day weekend in a small New Hampshire town. A mother (Winslet) and an awkward and isolated young boy meet a stranger and offer him a ride. The man turns out to be an escaped convict and ends up teaching the boy life lessons.
CAA-repped Winslet has Contagion, the Steven Soderbergh medical thriller, in the can.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short