Katharine McPhee making TV pilot debut
'Idol' alumna lands lead in NBC's 'The Pink House'
"American Idol" alumna-turned-actress Katharine McPhee is making her TV pilot debut with a lead role in NBC's comedy "The Pink House."
The project centers on Midwesterners John "Fitz" Fitzgerald and Rob "Bernie" Burnett who move to L.A. and rent a house right on the beach, determined to find jobs they actually love and make the most of their twenties.
McPhee will play Emily, a down-to-earth Midwest girl new to Manhattan Beach who lives in an apartment behind the guy's house and works as a pharmaceutical rep. Her shape is perfectly normal and healthy but puts Emily in a line-up of way-too-thin cliche California beach bunnies,
McPhee, who was the runner-up on the fifth season of "Idol," co-starred in the comedy feature "The House Bunny" and made her TV acting debut in an episode of "CSI: NY."
She will next be seen in the romantic comedy "You May Not Kiss the Bride."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws