Katharine McPhee making TV pilot debut
'Idol' alumna lands lead in NBC's 'The Pink House'
"American Idol" alumna-turned-actress Katharine McPhee is making her TV pilot debut with a lead role in NBC's comedy "The Pink House."
The project centers on Midwesterners John "Fitz" Fitzgerald and Rob "Bernie" Burnett who move to L.A. and rent a house right on the beach, determined to find jobs they actually love and make the most of their twenties.
McPhee will play Emily, a down-to-earth Midwest girl new to Manhattan Beach who lives in an apartment behind the guy's house and works as a pharmaceutical rep. Her shape is perfectly normal and healthy but puts Emily in a line-up of way-too-thin cliche California beach bunnies,
McPhee, who was the runner-up on the fifth season of "Idol," co-starred in the comedy feature "The House Bunny" and made her TV acting debut in an episode of "CSI: NY."
She will next be seen in the romantic comedy "You May Not Kiss the Bride."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty