Katherine Heigl to be honored at ShoWest
Actress named female star of the year
Katherine Heigl, who toplines Lionsgate's summer comedy "Killers," will be honored as female star of the year at ShoWest 2010.
Heigl will be feted during an awards gala set to close the annual exhibition confab March 18 in Las Vegas. ShoWest opens March 15 at the Bally's and Paris hotels.
"Her ever-present charm and innate talent have made Heigl's transition from TV screen to silver screen seemingly effortless," ShoWest managing director Robert Sunshine said. "Her comedic timing and flair for acting are showcased in each of her roles and have captivated audiences around the globe."
A five-year cast member ABC's "Grey Anatomy," Heigl's big-screen break came with the 2007 laugher "Knocked Up." The Robert Luketic-helmed "Killer" unspools June 4.
Rachel McAdams ("Sherlock Holmes") was ShoWest 2009's female star of the year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR