Katherine Heigl to be honored at ShoWest
Actress named female star of the year
Katherine Heigl, who toplines Lionsgate's summer comedy "Killers," will be honored as female star of the year at ShoWest 2010.
Heigl will be feted during an awards gala set to close the annual exhibition confab March 18 in Las Vegas. ShoWest opens March 15 at the Bally's and Paris hotels.
"Her ever-present charm and innate talent have made Heigl's transition from TV screen to silver screen seemingly effortless," ShoWest managing director Robert Sunshine said. "Her comedic timing and flair for acting are showcased in each of her roles and have captivated audiences around the globe."
A five-year cast member ABC's "Grey Anatomy," Heigl's big-screen break came with the 2007 laugher "Knocked Up." The Robert Luketic-helmed "Killer" unspools June 4.
Rachel McAdams ("Sherlock Holmes") was ShoWest 2009's female star of the year.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress