Katherine Heigl Joins iVillage as Latest Hollywood Blogger (Exclusive)
The "New Year's Eve" actress, who shares a three-year-old adopted daughter with husband Josh Kelley, writes about balancing motherhood and Hollywood in her first CelebVillage post.
iVillage, the largest content-driven online community for women, has enlisted the help of Katherine Heigl as their latest celebrity blogger.
The actress follows Denise Richards, Alanis Morissette and Ricki Lake as the pioneers of the site's CelebVillage section, in which Hollywood women share their insight, achievements and personal struggles with readers across the web. Each blogger composes a total of four posts for the site, which are published throughout the course of one month.
"Katherine has a really relatable life, even though she's a Hollywood actress," Serena Kappes, editorial director of entertainment at iVillage, tells The Hollywood Reporter. "She's a mom and she's struggling with the things that a lot of women struggle with, which is balancing family and career."
"In her first blog she writes about that challenge and the guilt that she feels," Kappes continues. "I think it really resonates with the iVillage community of women that it's not just everyday women who go through this, it's celebrities too who seem like they have it all, but they also have their own personal struggles."
In her first offering, Heigl ponders how to achieve fulfillment from her two great loves -- motherhood and acting -- without sacrificing one for the other. Read the full blog here.
Heigl most recently starred opposite Jon Bon Jovi and a star-studded cast in Garry Marshall's New Year's Eve, and will next be seen in the big screen adaptation of Janet Evanovich's One for the Money. Currently in post-production is The Wedding, out Oct. 19, in which Heigl appears opposite Amanda Seyfried, Robert De Niro, Robin Williams and Diane Keaton. The actress wed musician Josh Kelley in late 2007, and together they welcomed adopted daughter Nancy Leigh "Naleigh" Kelley in 2009.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'