Katherine Heigl to Produce, Star in HBO Movie
She will play grieving mother in the adaptation of "The Knitting Circle."
Katherine Heigl is returning to television -- with an HBO telefilm.
The former Grey's Anatomy actress-turned-big screen leading lady will produce and star in Craig Wright's adaptation of The Knitting Circle, HBO Films confirmed Friday.
Based on the best-seller from Ann Hood, Knitting Circle revolves around a married woman (Heigl) struggling to overcome the death of her young daughter who finds solace in a knitting circle. PHOTOS: Hollywood's new leading ladies.
Heigl will produce the telepic with her mother and producing partner, Nancy Heigl, via their Abishag banner along with Pine Street Pictures. Her recent credits include the feature Life As We Know It, which she starred in and executive produced. She'll next be seen in New Line's ensemble New Year's Eve, due Dec. 9.
Wright (United States of Tara) got his start at HBO as a story editor, writer and producer on HBO's Six Feet Under, for which he earned an Emmy writing nomination. He's a 2006 WGA Award winner as part of the writing staff of ABC's best drama series Lost.
Heigl is repped by Paradigm, Wright is with WME.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR