Katherine Jackson's Guardianship of Michael Jackson's Children Suspended
TJ Jackson was named temporary guardian of Prince, Paris and Blanket.
Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson, has been suspended as the guardian of her late son’s three children, due to the fact that she has been in Arizona for several days and has not been in touch with the children.
A judge appointed Tito Jackson's son, TJ, as the temporary guardian for Prince, Paris and Blanket on Wednesday, according to TMZ.
Outside of the courthouse, Katherine Jackson’s lawyer, Perry Sanders, said he will file a motion to reinstate Katherine as guardian when she returns to Los Angeles.
Katherine Jackson, the 82-year-old matriarch of the family, was reported missing over the weekend. She was later found to be with her daughter Rebbie and other relatives in Arizona. She hasn't spoken with her grandchildren in several days.
In a strange unfolding of events, Marlon Jackson told The Insider that he had not heard from his mother since she left the state.
"We've been told that our mother is safe. She's doing well. But we have not spoken with her,” he said. “We have not talked with her. And I don't know where my mother - I don't know where my mother is. All I know is she is in Arizona. And whatever doctor is saying, 'I can't talk to my mother,' you call me. I'm finished. I'm sorry."
He then walked out of the interview.
On Wednesday, Randy Jackson appeared on Good Morning America and said that his mother was on her way back to Los Angeles.
"It was under doctor's orders that she go [away from L.A.],” he said. “Her health was really bad, and he wanted her to go somewhere where she couldn't be on the phone, and be cut off from the outside world for a few days."
The incident demonstrated divisions in the Jackson family just days after five of the singer’s siblings once again claimed that the King of Pop’s will was a fake and that the executors of his lucrative estate should step down.
Katherine Jackson has been the guardian of Michael Jackson's three children, living in a home in Calabasas, Calif. The home was the site of a family disturbance Monday that sheriff's deputies were called to investigate.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'