Kathryn Bigelow to Present at Academy Awards (Exclusive)
She joins previously announced presenters Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Hudson and Javier Bardem.
While there were no women directors nominated for the best director Oscar this year, there will be at least one woman director on stage at the 83rd Academy Awards.
Kathryn Bigelow, who became the first woman to win the best director Oscar last year when she was recognized for The Hurt Locker, has joined the list of presenters who will participate in Sunday’s Oscarcast on ABC.
Since winning the Oscar, Bigelow has directed a pilot The Miraculous Year, focusing on the family of a Broadway composer, for HBO, but the cable net did not pick up the project as a series.
She has also been developing a project for Paramount with Hurt Locker screenwriter Mark Boal called Triple Frontier, set on the Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil border.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical