Kathryn Bigelow to Present at Academy Awards (Exclusive)
She joins previously announced presenters Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Hudson and Javier Bardem.
While there were no women directors nominated for the best director Oscar this year, there will be at least one woman director on stage at the 83rd Academy Awards.
Kathryn Bigelow, who became the first woman to win the best director Oscar last year when she was recognized for The Hurt Locker, has joined the list of presenters who will participate in Sunday’s Oscarcast on ABC.
Since winning the Oscar, Bigelow has directed a pilot The Miraculous Year, focusing on the family of a Broadway composer, for HBO, but the cable net did not pick up the project as a series.
She has also been developing a project for Paramount with Hurt Locker screenwriter Mark Boal called Triple Frontier, set on the Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil border.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR