Kathryn Hahn lands Fox talent deal
Actress' credits include 'Crossing Jordan,' 'Step Brothers'
Fox has inked a talent holding deal with Broadway's "Boeing-Boeing" co-star Kathryn Hahn.
Hahn had been on the radar of Fox's head of casting Marcia Shulman since her days at Yale School of Drama, when the actress was a standout at the school's annual showcase for agents and TV executives.
Hahn landed a co-starring role on NBC's "Crossing Jordan" shortly after graduating. For six seasons, she played Lily Lebowski on the crime drama, drawing the attention of Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly, who ran NBC Entertainment for half of the "Jordan" run.
Hahn's deal with Fox marks a rare talent pact as the broadcast networks have been scaling back in the past few years.
"In a time when there is less money for such deals, we're taking really specific shots, and Hahn was one that both Kevin and I wanted to pursue," Shulman said.
While Fox brass is open to casting Hahn in both comedy and drama, she seems best suited for a comedy or dramedy setting.
Shulman recently saw Hahn in her Broadway debut on the Tony-winning comedy "Boeing-Boeing."
"She was doing the kind of comedy that reminded me of Lucille Ball," Shulman said. "She is very approachable, she has a very positive, happy presence. She is a great physical comedian, and I think that is missing on TV."
But it was a scene-stealer moment in the big-screen summer comedy "Step Brothers," in which Hahn had a supporting role, that sealed the deal for Shulman.
"There was one scene where she is in the background drinking a martini," Shulman said. "She had no lines, but she was so fully committed to what she was doing that that's where your eye went."
Hahn, who will next be seen in Sam Mendes' "Revolutionary Road" and Neal Brennan's "The Goods: The Don Ready Story," is repped by Gersh and attorney James Adams.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)