Kathy Bates, Michael Sheen join 'Paris'
Latest Woody Allen pic begins shooting this summer
Woody Allen has taken the uncharacteristic step of actually telling people what his next movie is about.
Titled "Midnight in Paris," the film stars Owen Wilson, Marion Cotillard and Rachel McAdams in a romantic comedy about a family travelling to the French capital for business. The party includes a young engaged couple forced to confront the illusion that a life different from their own is better.
Allen has added Kathy Bates, Michael Sheen, Nina Arianda, Tom Hiddleston, Corey Stoll, Mimi Kennedy and Kurt Fuller to the cast and finally confirmed the participation of Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, who has been rumored to be a cast member for months.
Letty Aronson, Steve Tenenbaum and Jaume Roures are producing the film, which will shoot in Paris this summer.
"Paris" is part of a three-picture financing deal between Allen's Gravier Productions and Mediapro, the Spain-based company that also funded Allen's "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." Mediapro also financed Allen's next release, "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger," which will have its world premiere at Cannes next month. Sony Pictures Classics will release "Stranger" domestically.
Imagina International Sales is handling international sales for "Paris" in most territories.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR