Kathy Griffin Coming to Broadway
Her one-woman show is called, "Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony."
Kathy Griffin is coming to Broadway, and she's made her intentions clear.
One-woman show Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony will run at the Belasco Theater from March 11-13 and 15-19.
"While I have been asked to understudy for Spider-Man and take over for Al [Pacino] when he has finished his run in The Merchant of Venice, instead I have decided to take my very own show to Broadway," she joked in a statement. She’s won two Emmys and is nominated for a Grammy.
And celebs, beware. Each performance will include, "fresh material due to the revolving door of pop culture, political and celebrity missteps."
The Belasco last hosted Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, which closed early last month.
Neil LaBute's Fat Pig begins previews at the theater on April 12. It stars comedian Dane Cook.
Griffin and Cook aren't the only comics appearing on the Great White Way this spring. Robin Williams, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Jim Gaffigan and John Leguizamo, as well as the South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are also involved in Broadway productions, the New York Times reports.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s