Kathy Griffin Coming to Broadway
Her one-woman show is called, "Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony."
Kathy Griffin is coming to Broadway, and she's made her intentions clear.
One-woman show Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony will run at the Belasco Theater from March 11-13 and 15-19.
"While I have been asked to understudy for Spider-Man and take over for Al [Pacino] when he has finished his run in The Merchant of Venice, instead I have decided to take my very own show to Broadway," she joked in a statement. She’s won two Emmys and is nominated for a Grammy.
And celebs, beware. Each performance will include, "fresh material due to the revolving door of pop culture, political and celebrity missteps."
The Belasco last hosted Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, which closed early last month.
Neil LaBute's Fat Pig begins previews at the theater on April 12. It stars comedian Dane Cook.
Griffin and Cook aren't the only comics appearing on the Great White Way this spring. Robin Williams, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Jim Gaffigan and John Leguizamo, as well as the South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are also involved in Broadway productions, the New York Times reports.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR