Kathy Griffin Pulls a Jim Carrey: Proclaims Love of Justin Bieber (Video)
“This isn’t weird at all,” the comedienne jokes in a YouTube parody.
After Jim Carrey’s bizarre ode to Emma Stone crashed his website on Thursday, Kathy Griffin was inspired to reach out to her significantly younger celebrity crush: Justin Bieber.
PHOTOS: Justin Bieber's Moustaches
“I was so inspired by comic giant Jim Carrey that I’ve decided to pledge my love,” she deadpans into the camera. “So, this is a message for you, Justin Bieber.”
Taking her cues from Carrey’s original video, Griffin describes Bieber as “all the way beautiful” but clarifies that she wouldn’t be willing to tie the knot with him.
PHOTOS: Emmy Nominees 2011
“It’s messy, Justin,” she explains. “There’s a distribution of assets -- we would just go steady.”
The nearly two-minute video was posted to Griffin’s official YouTube page on Thursday, Aug. 25. The comedienne tweeted a link to the clip with the message “Ok” in response to a fan's request that she parody Carrey’s “creepy love letter.”
“The sex – woo – it’s gonna be weird,” she jokes in the video. “Anyway, the problem is that there’s an age difference. I’m a lot older than you, Justin Bieber. I’m 29. 39. 49. Just look me up.”
“This isn’t weird at all. You’re the one who’s crazy, Justin,” she concludes with a wink. “Love, Kathy.”
STORY: Kathy Griffin Fires Back at A&E's 'Hoarders' in New Emmy Campaign Ad (Exclusive)
Griffin’s Bravo reality show, My Life on the D-List, is nominated for a 2011 Emmy. She will go up against CBS’ Undercover Boss, Discovery’s Deadliest Catch and Mythbusters, PBS’ Antiques Roadshow and A&E’s Hoarders.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche