Katia Winter joins 'Deathgames' film
Indie action movie stars Kellan Lutz, Samuel L. Jackson
Katia Winter has landed the female lead in "The Killing Game," formerly titled "Deathgames," MPCA's indie action movie that stars Kellan Lutz and Samuel L. Jackson.
The story centers on a young man (Lutz) who is kidnapped and forced into the savage world of modern gladiator fighting, in which men battle to the death for entertainment of the online masses in games orchestrated by Jackson.
Winter will play a character described as "a duplicitous succubus" who is employed by Jackson to lure potential gladiators. She eventually falls for Lutz, helping him outwit the bad guy's plans for his death in the ring.
Nina Dobrev and Daniel Dae Kim also are in the movie, which is shooting in Louisiana.
Jonah Loop, a visual effects supervisor on such pics as "Collateral" and "A Perfect Getaway," is making his directorial debut on the pic. MPCA's Brad Krevoy and Mike Callaghan are producing with Mark Williams.
Winter, repped by Schachter Entertainment, is a European actress who moved to the U.S. in March.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR