Katie Cassidy, Steven McQueen land at CW
'Melrose Place,' 'Vampire Diaries' cast famous names
Katie Cassidy, the daughter of David Cassidy, is the first female resident moving into the CW's new "Melrose Place," while Steven R. McQueen, grandson of Steve McQueen, landed a lead on another CW pilot, "Vampire Diaries."
On "Melrose Place," to be directed by David Guggenheim, Cassidy will play the sexy and stylish Ella Flynn, an up-and-coming publicist with a big career ahead of her.
She joins Michael Rady, who was cast as aspiring filmmaker Jonah Miller.
Cassidy, repped by Endeavor and Anonymous, next co-stars on CBS' limited drama series "Harper's Island," a "Ten Litle Indians"-style mystery story set on a remote island. She recurred on CW's "Supernatural" and the WB's "7th Heaven."
"Vampire Diaries," from "Scream" and "Dawson's Creek" mastermind Kevin Williamson, is based on Alloy's series of books. It centers on Elena, a tragic young heroine who is the object of passion for two vampire brothers -- one good, one evil -- who are at war for her soul and for the souls of her friends, family and other residents of the small town in which she resides.
McQueen will play Jeremy, Elena's outcast cute younger brother.
McQueen, who recurred on the WB's "Everwood," is repped by ICM and manager Risa Shapiro.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR