Katie Couric Confirmed to Guest Star on 'Glee'
The anchor will also interview Matthew Morrison on "CBS Sunday Morning" this weekend.
Katie Couric is the latest guest-star on Fox's Glee, her rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
Fox declined to comment on her specific role, but the New York Post reported she'll appear in a scene with cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) on the post-Super Bowl episode, which airs Feb. 6. Couric was a high-school cheerleader.
Couric, who will be the keynote speaker at The Hollywood Reporter's Women in Entertainment event, will interview Matthew Morrison (who plays glee club director Mr. Schuester) on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend. She has said her daughters are fans of the show.
It's rare for an anchor to appear on a competing network. Brian Williams, who hosts the NBC Nightly News, regularly pops up on 30 Rock.
Gwyneth Paltrow, Britney Spears and Neil Patrick Harris are among the bold-faced names who have appeared on the show. VIDEO: Watch Paltrow sing on Glee.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR