Katie Couric to Exit CBS News May 19
An announcement about Couric's next move could come soon after her CBS contract expires June 4.
Katie Couric’s last night on the CBS Evening News will be May 19. She made the announcement on Friday’s broadcast.
“As some of you may already know I’m moving on from CBS News,” Couric said at the close of the broadcast, adding that on her last day she'll look back at “some of the amazing stories we’ve covered over the past five years.”
Substitute anchors are likely to rotate in the chair until Scott Pelley takes over as the permanent anchor of the CBS Evening News on June 6.
Patricia Shevlin, who has been at CBS News for more than 30 years, will be Pelley’s executive producer. Couric’s executive producer, Rick Kaplan, exited the broadcast May 12. He’ll return to ABC News, where he worked for many years, to become the executive producer of Christiane Amanpour’s This Week.
For her part, Couric is expected to head to ABC daytime to host a syndicated talk show slated for a fall 2012 bow. She’s also likely to contribute to the network’s news programming. Sources say an announcement on that deal could come soon after her contract with CBS News officially ends on June 4.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!