Katie Couric to Lead CBS' Kate Middleton-Prince William Wedding Coverage
Facing "Evening News" departure reports, she'll anchor "The Royal Wedding: Modern Majesty" the night of the nuptials.
CBS News announced its plans for Prince William and Kate Middleton's April 29th wedding Tuesday.
Katie Couric will report from London, and Erica Hill (who has been named as a possible replacement for Couric on the Evening News by several Web sites) will co-anchor the Early Show from there.
Couric will anchor The Royal Wedding: Modern Majesty at 8 p.m. on April 29.
Correspondents Elizabeth Palmer, Troy Roberts, Michelle Miller and Ben Tracy will also contribute to coverage, which will include a behind-the-scenes tour of Westminster Abbey.
Charles Osgood will anchor CBS Sunday Morning on April 24. Correspondent Tracy Smith will anchor Sunday Journal on the wedding on Sunday, May 1.
CBS Newspath, the network's 24-hour affiliate news service, will feature reporters stationed at Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace, the site of the royal reception.
The CBS Radio News royal wedding team in London will include correspondents Steve Futterman, Vicki Barker and reporter Larry Miller.
Couric is currently in Iraq covering the war.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack