Premiere Date, New Logo for Katie Couric's Talk Show Announced
"Katie" will premiere Monday, Sept. 10.
Katie, the new talk show starring former CBS news anchor Katie Couric, will premiere Monday, Sept. 10 with a new logo.
The revised logo is simply the word “Katie” against a swirl design; the earlier version included a picture of Couric and soft color palette and font.
The announcement was made Thursday by executive producer Jeff Zucker in a webcast for TV stations that will air the program (covering more than 93 percent of all U.S. TV homes). The webcast was conducted from the TV One studio at ABC headquarters in New York, which will be home base for the daily show.
Additions to the staff include Joe Terry, a director who for the past 14 years directed The Oprah Winfrey Show, and Kathy Samuels as co-executive producer. Samuels' experience includes the launch of Rachael Ray and work on Access Hollywood.
Zucker also confirmed for the first time that he will be the day-to-day showrunner.
“We now have our studio, a great-looking logo that exudes all of the qualities that we want the show to convey and a terrific team with a diverse background of experience,” said Zucker. “It's going to be a lot of fun."
Katie is among the most anticipated of the unusually large crop of new talk shows coming in the fall. Couric, who also was host of NBC's Today for many years, is expected to do a show that mixes news, features and lifestyle.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR