Katie Couric's New Talk Show Title Sparks Backlash on Twitter, Facebook
"Wow. I wonder how long they worked on this title?" writes one Twitter user of "Katie."
Many people were underwhelmed with the news that Katie Couric's upcoming talk show will simply be called Katie.
The show's title and key art, featuring the tagline "The Opportunity Begins September 6th," were unveiled Monday for the show, which premieres on ABC in fall 2012.
But the news was met with less-than-enthusiastic responses from commenters on Twitter and Facebook.
Among the tweets:
Wow. I wonder how long they worked on this title?
Wow! Did they have to pay [brand consultants] Landor 500k to come up w that?
I literally hate sharing a name with this woman.
When *I* get my own daytime TV talk show I'll probably have a more imaginative name than "Jason". Just saying.
Katie Couric Talk Show Will Be Called....wait for it.... 'Katie'
GASP! What a twist. RT @THR: Katie Couric Talk Show Will Be Called 'Katie'
Michele R. Scott
Now that took DEEP THOUGHT!
Hope they focused group that one.
Dare I ask how long it took her to come up with this?
Katie. Conan. Conan. Katie. Letterman has new material if he ever hosts the Oscars again.
And here I thought it would be called "The Yesterday Show".
Nauseatingly unoriginal. I never watched her on the news so I won't be watching her little show.
If she had called it "Oprah" it might have a chance.
Wow! Great name! How long did that take you???
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack