Katie Couric's Syndicated Talk Show Selling Well
Ahead of its September premiere, the live hour has already been cleared in 95 of the top 100 markets.
Katie Couric's upcoming talk show, Katie, is off to a strong start in syndication.
Ahead of its September premiere, the talker has been cleared in 93 percent of the country, including 95 of the top 100 markets.
"The sales momentum behind Katie has been truly remarkable,” Disney-ABC Domestic Television president Janice Marinelli said in a statement announcing the news Monday. "The multitalented Katie Couric is in a class all her own, which is why we believe the show has led the charge in the first-run syndication marketplace this year. We are committed to an extraordinary launch with these preeminent stations across the country.”
In addition to the ABC Owned station group, Katie has also been sold to stations from broadcast groups including Allbritton Communications, Belo Corp., Cox Media Gorup, Gannett Broadcasting, Hearst Television, Scripps Howard Broadasting and several others.
The live hourlong talk show joins the daytime lineup in September.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR