Katie Holmes to join Adam Sandler film
EXCLUSIVE: Actress in talks for role in comedy 'Jack and Jill'
Katie Holmes is in talks to star opposite Adam Sandler and Al Pacino in "Jack and Jill," a Columbia comedy being directed by Dennis Dugan.
In the film, Jack, a family man, deals with his twin sister, Jill, when she visits for Thanksgiving then won't leave. Sandler will play both characters.
Holmes would play Sandler's wife; Pacino is set to play himself.
"Jack," being produced by Sandler and Happy Madison partner Jack Giarraputo with Todd Garner, is planning an October shoot.
The role marks Holmes' first studio film since 2005's "Batman Begins." In between, she took a break from acting but graced the screen in 2008's small-budgeted "Mad Money." She has several ensemble indies in the can -- including romantic drama "The Romantics" and crime thriller "The Son of No One" -- and stars in the Guillermo del Toro-produced chiller "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," which Miramax is set to open Jan. 21.
The actress, repped by CAA and John Carabino Management, is shooting History's miniseries "The Kennedys," playing Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR