Katt Williams Sued for Allegedly Hitting Former Personal Assistant
The employee is seeking more than $5 million in damages.
A lawsuit has been filed against comedian and actor Katt Williams by his former personal assistant for allegedly hitting her.
According to the complaint filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, the comic and star of the upcoming Scary Movie 5 flew into a rage Nov. 6, at first threatening to strike former assistant Melissa Ishage by raising an open hand to her. Williams then followed through on his threat by hitting Ishage with "a closed fist," the complaint states, causing "serious injury" to her.
The filing also alludes to "prior acts of threats" made by Williams toward his employee. No arrests were made in connection with the incident.
Ishage is seeking $5 million in causes of action for assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress, plus hospital and legal fees.
A call to Williams' reps for comment was not immediately returned.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR