Katy Perry Announces Partnership With CoverGirl Cosmetics
The singer joins Pink, Taylor Swift and others among the beauty brand's ranks.
With her hotly anticipated album Prism due out next Tuesday, Oct. 22, the timing was right for another big announcement from Katy Perry. On Wednesday, she confirmed that she will serve as a celebrity spokeswoman for CoverGirl Cosmetics. Perry dropped the news over Twitter.
The singer will be promoting CoverGirl looks for its spring 2014 campaign.
Although this is Perry's first cosmetics partnership, she's previously had an eyelash line and several fragrances.
Recent CoverGirls from the music world include Janelle Monae, and a pair of fellow Billboard Woman of the Year Recipients (Perry won in 2012), Taylor Swift and this year's winner, Pink. Could some interesting collaborations be in store? We'll have to wait and see.
"In addition to music, I've always considered makeup to be a powerful creative avenue of self-expression," Perry said in a statement.
"I'm honored to partner with CoverGirl and share more colors and textures of my approach to beauty to inspire my audience."
This story first appeared on Billboard.com
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) October 16, 2013
BEAUTIFUL news to share w/you all. Today is my 1st day as a @COVERGIRL! See what happens when you let the light in?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR