Katy Perry Tops U.K. Streaming Chart, Keeps Avicii From Setting New Record
The star takes the number one spot with "Roar," pushing "Wake Me Up" to the third spot after the hit enjoyed seven weeks at the top.
LONDON – Katy Perry's single "Roar" topped the weekly official U.K. streaming chart, ending Avicii’s seven weeks at number one with "Wake Me Up."
That means Avicii has tied Daft Punk’s "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, as well as Bastille’s "Pompeii," which share the record seven consecutive weeks at number one, Britain's Official Charts Company said Tuesday.
Perry, who has revamped her image from her "California Gurls" days, reached the top streaming spot after spending a second week at No. 1 on the official singles chart in the U.K.
"Wake Me Up" dropped to third in the latest weekly streaming ranking for Britain, behind Ellie Goulding’s "Burn," which managed to hold firm in the second spot.
All songs on the Arctic Monkeys' latest album, AM, found their way onto the streaming chart top 40, according to the Official Charts Company. The album also topped the official album chart in the U.K.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR